Not all games are free on Google Store, this is why we prepared a selection of the best paid games available for Android. In the category of best paid games, the nominees are: Monument Valley, Threes, Modern Combat 5 – Blackout, Out There and Hitman Go .
As you know, The library of applications and games in Play store is colossal. Between the free and paid apps, it is sometimes difficult to make a choice and find the one you want.
Threes is a game that is only about aligning numbers and do sums, how could that be fun? This is the question we asked ourselves when discovering our first sudoku. However, we will not do the same judgment error again, Threes, a game that can reconcile anyone with mathematics.
The principle of Threes is very simple, you have to slide 1s over 2s to form 3s, the 3s on 3s to form 6s, 6s on 6s to form 12s … and you try to get the biggest number, the game is over when there is no more combinations possible .
Threes, in general, it’s not something huge, but if it can keep us focused for hours and make us totally addicted, that’s already a lot. Also keep in mind that this game can satisfy both kids and adults.
- Apple Design Award 2014 Winner
- Honored by the Independent Games Festival
- Endless challenge from one simple game mode
- Outstanding soundtrack
- No IAP
- Requires Android: 4.0 and up
- Price: 1.99 $
Fans of the franchise Modern Combat will not have to be patient, since the big day has arrived. Modern Combat 5 Blackout is available on the Play Store at a price of 6.99 $.
Modern Combat 5 on Android offers to engage into a conflict around the world, at the command of an FPS on smartphones and tablets. The title offers an intense single player campaign divided into 6 chapters and a multiplayer mode responsive and complete, all accompanied by a customization and stats system.
- “It plays as good as it looks.” – IGN
- “Sharp controls, impressive graphics.” – Pocket Gamer
- 5 customizable classes
- Big variety of weapons
- Special skills for each class activated after earning skill points
- Win special rewards during limited-time events
- Skill levels and weapons customization
- Requires Android: 4.0 and up
- Price: 5.99 $
Hitman GO is a stealth tactical turn per turn on Android and iOS inspired by the franchise Hitman. Presented as a board game, it puts players in the challenge to complete each level by completing specific objectives that require a great deal of anticipation of the enemies movements.
Hitman Go gameplay is very simple: our goal is to move Agent 47 from point A to point B on a circuit. The movements are turn-based (we first then all enemies). If the agent arrives on the box of an enemy, he kill it, if it is the opposite, well … then the opposite happens, it is therefore about movement managements and never end up in a box of an enemy who looks in our direction.
With its excellent gameplay, its stake atmosphere, its original aesthetic, Hitman Go is the a great addition to the license on mobile interface.
- “Hitman GO is a clever and refreshingly original puzzle game” – Pocket Gamer
- “Hitman GO is an impressive debut for Square Enix Montreal.” – Joystiq
- Different methods to complete each level, silently or forcefully
- Beautiful scale models and graphics
- Secret passageways and off-limit areas that extend the replay potential
- Different enemies with solid AI
- Requires Android: 2.3.3 and up
- Price: 6.06 $
Monument Valley is a game based on optical illusions that allows to embody the Princess Ida. The player has to go through the different levels in isometric perspective according to increasing difficulty and find the exit every time.
Monument Valley is beautiful, graphically beautiful, certainly, but also beautiful to the ears, nice to touch, outstanding in its puzzles and narration. It is a perfectly homogeneous game, where each element will respond with grace. Monument Valley is a bit like living in a dream, with its own rules, strange creatures and complex mechanisms. We wake up in a little confused, without knowing what just happened, without being sure of understand everything, but sure after passing a good time.
In this puzzle, it is about to explore a sublime isometric buildings and eventually find the exit, but there’s a twist: you can only trust your eyes, not your brain. The perspective in fact is completely distorted, as in the painting of MC Escher, you have to leave your logic and your unbelief in the closet in the hope to get out of these labyrinths.
It is important to note that a new stand-alone of the game was released by ustwo under the name of Monument Valley : Forgotten Shores.
- “Monument Valley stuns with its serenity… each screen is a work of art” – Huffington Post
- “Almost impossibly gorgeous… a feast for your senses… 5/5” – Touch Arcade
- “Brilliant design… stayed with me like a dream I didn’t want to forget… 9/10” – Polygon
- Graphics inspired by minimalist 3D design
- Designed to be easy for everyone to pick up, enjoy and complete
- Outstanding sound effects
- Requires Android: 2.3.3 and up
- Price: 3.78 $
Out There is an adventure and management game. The player takes control of an astronaut lost in space, should explore the surrounding systems in search of his ship fuel, oxygen, but also resources to enable it to use various technologies, such as a terraforming tool, a shield, a more powerful engine, scanner, etc..
Out There indeed is a space rogue-like, in the manner of the ancient Starflight or most recent Faster Than Light, and who says rogue-like says “die and retry” … repeatedly. Out There, however, give us time to enjoy the scenery, made of yellow dwarfs, red giants, black holes and blue fears.
Out There stands out particularly with its unique gameplay: it does not contain any single space combat. The game has many alien races, but all of them are peaceful, or at least indifferent to our fate. The space is already dangerous enough to start sterile wars.
Three endings are possibles in Out There (excluding of course the many possible game over), and a multitude of events guarantee an exceptional replayability.
- 5/5 ‘Game of the Week’ – TouchArcade
- 9/10 ‘Gold Award’ – PocketGamer
- 5/5 ‘A triumph’ – PocketTactics
- 4.5/5 ‘Excellent’ – GamesRadar
- 8/10 – Eurogamer
- Dark melancholic environment, difficult sci-fi adventure
- 8 spaceships with different specifications
- 300+ multiple choices handwritten game book adventures
- High replay value
- Requires Android: Varies with device
- Price: 3.61 $