We will have to wait until the 30th June when the Chinese manufacturer Meizu will officially unveil its next high-end device, the Meizu MX5. A new flagship that will make its arrival in a more competitive environment than ever and will moreover be presented the same day that another local rival, Honor 7. Meizu confirmed today the presentation date of the smartphone and its design 100% metal.
It is through an original teaser that Meizu has chosen to confirm the design 100% metal of its MX5 with a reference to the film “Full Metal Jacket” by Stanley Kubrick. The teaser shows the cover of the film released in 1987. A unibody metal chassis is already visible in a video released earlier this month.
Keeping in mind that even if the back of the MX4 is removable, the battery is not, we will not regret this choice of the Chinese manufacturer who seeks here to offer a more premium design than that of the two models released last year. A design reminiscent the iPhone 6 Plus.
Another interesting innovation, the IPS display used last year is replaced by a AMOLED screen, which, as we had already seen in the video, looks way more fancy. A screen that will retain Full HD 1080p.
Specifications of the Meizu MX5
- Display: AMOLED 5.5 inches Full HD 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Dimensions: 146 x 74.6 x 7.9 mm
- Processor: 64 Bit octo core Mediatek MT6793 clocked at 2.3 Ghz
- Ram: 3GB
- Internal memory: 16GB
- Micro SD card: yes
- Front Camera: 3 Megapixels
- Back Camera: 20 megapixel with dual-LED flash
- Battery: 3150 mAh non-removable
- Operating system: Android 5.0 Lollipop based on Flyme 4.5